Tuition+Land Payment & Cancellation Policy
Doug Johnson Photography LLC is not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other emergencies or reimbursement of non-refundable airline tickets or otherwise, in the event of a workshop cancellation.
We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each workshop description is required at the time of booking. A completed booking form per registrant is also required to complete the reservation.
2. The balance of the workshop is due 90-days prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 90-days or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client made in the 90-day period prior to the trip will mean that Doug Johnson Photography LLC retains the total cost of the workshop unless the clients spot is filled. If this should happen only the deposit will be retained by Doug Johnson Photography LLC, and the balance refunded to the client.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
5. Doug Johnson Photography LLC reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, we will notify you and you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Doug Johnson LLC. For the avoidance of doubt, as Doug Johnson Photography LLC is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of workshop cancellation.
6. Doug Johnson Photography LLC can accept no responsibility for cancellation of workshops due to Force Majeure. Force Majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. In the advent of cancellation due to Force Majeure.
7. In the event of the specified Instructor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another instructor will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of Item 5 will come into effect.
8. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
9. Where airport-hotel transfers are included in the cost of the workshops, such transfers are only included when participants travel on the flights specified by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client’s responsibility and Doug Johnson Photography LLC is not responsible for any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier.
10. The type of workshops we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
11. Doug Johnson Photography LLC does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
12. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the instructor thus giving the instructor the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 7 days of the completion of the workshop.
13. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshops, whether in whole or in part, personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs, loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
14. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
15. By clicking "accept" and submitting our booking form, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who submits the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.