Payment & Cancellation Policy for tuition only workshops
Doug Johnson Photography is not responsible for cancellations due to medical or other emergencies or reimbursement of non-refundable airline tickets or otherwise, in the event of a workshop cancellation. Please consider the purchase of travel insurance.
1. A deposit of the amount stated in each workshop description is required at the time of registration. Once you make a deposit, we will email you the following REGISTRATION FORM to complete your registration.
2. Cancelation Policy for Tuition only (no land service) Workshops:
For cancellations received in writing at least 60 days prior to the workshop start date: Doug Johnson Photography will refund any tuition paid, less a $100 processing fee.
For cancellations received in writing 30 to 60 days prior to the start of the workshop: Doug Johnson Photography will refund any tuition paid less the tuition deposit.
For cancellations received in writing within 30 days prior to the start of the workshop: Doug Johnson Photography will retain full tuition.
For cancellations after the workshop is in progress: Doug Johnson Photography will retain full tuition.
For no-shows: Doug Johnson Photography will retain full tuition.
Refunds are processed within 30 days of receipt of notice of cancellation.
Should final payment fail to reach us by the date specified on the workshop page, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
Workshop content may change from that advertised based on weather, access to shooting locations, and other unforeseen situations. Whenever possible, registered students will be notified ahead of time of any changes. Doug Johnson Photography reserves the right to cancel any program that does not meet minimum participant requirements, in which case participants will be informed as soon as possible and all money will be refunded. Doug Johnson Photography is not responsible for any losses incurred as a result of a course cancellation. We encourage participants to purchase refundable airline tickets and consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance.
3. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
4. Doug Johnson Photography reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, we will notify you and you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Doug Johnson Photography. For the avoidance of doubt, as Doug Johnson Photography is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of workshop cancellation.
5. Doug Johnson Photography can accept no responsibility for cancellation of workshops due to Force Majeure. Force Majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. In the advent of cancellation due to Force Majeure, please refer to provision 11 below.
6. In the event of the specified Instructor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another instructor will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop will be cancelled and provision 4 will come into effect.
7. The type of workshops we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
8. Doug Johnson Photography does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
9. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the instructor thus giving the instructor the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within seven days of the completion of the workshop.
10. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance coverage before you set out on the workshop. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshops, whether in whole or in part, personal accident and injury, medical costs, loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
11. Any payment to Doug Johnson Photography LLC constitutes your acceptance to the above terms and conditions. The person who submits the payment does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.